Aim of the game
The aim of the game is to earn as many portfolio points as possible through buying and selling shares in Barclays Premier League players.
Each Gameweek, a player's share value changes based on their match performance. You are awarded a points score based on the Gameweek percentage change in your porfolio value.
The sum of these points is your total score. Make some shrewd investments in players who come good and you'll soon be looking down on your rivals.
Picking your portfolio
You are given £10,000 to spend on a portfolio of players from the Barclays Premier League. Your portfolio must:
- Contain at least 10 players.
- Have no more than 2 players from a single club.
A result of the above is that each portfolio has between 10 and 40 players.
There is no limit to the number of shares you can own in an individual player or the number of total shares available. For example, you could buy 10 shares of a player with a value of £150 at a cost of £1500.
Player value changes
Player share values rise and fall in line with their performance in the Barclays Premier League. The criteria used is the same as Fantasy Premier League with the removal of minutes played and bonus points.
|For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender||+£6|
|For each goal scored by a midfielder||+£5|
|For each goal scored by a forward||+£4|
|For each goal assist||+£3|
|For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender||+£4|
|For a clean sheet by a midfielder||+£1|
|For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper||+£1|
|For each penalty save||+£5|
|For each penalty miss||-£2|
|For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender||-£1|
|For each yellow card||-£1|
|For each red card||-£3|
|For each own goal||-£2|
Player share values are updated at the end of each day of matches in a Gameweek and only change based on performance, not trading activity.
You are awarded a Gameweek score based on the percentage increase of your portfolio value in the Gameweek. The sum of these Gameweek scores is your total score.
One point will be awarded for each tenth of one percent growth (0.1% = 1 point). So if your portfolio grows by 4.5% in a Gameweek you will be awarded 45 points.
Points are awarded at the end of each day of matches within the Gameweek, after the player share price changes have been applied.
Your portfolio must be selected by the by the Gameweek deadline to earn points for that set of matches.
|Gameweek 1||18 Aug 11:30|
|Gameweek 2||25 Aug 11:30|
|Gameweek 3||1 Sep 11:30|
|Gameweek 4||15 Sep 11:30|
|Gameweek 5||22 Sep 11:30|
|Gameweek 6||29 Sep 11:30|
|Gameweek 7||6 Oct 11:30|
|Gameweek 8||20 Oct 11:30|
|Gameweek 9||27 Oct 11:30|
|Gameweek 10||3 Nov 11:30|
|Gameweek 11||10 Nov 11:30|
|Gameweek 12||17 Nov 11:30|
|Gameweek 13||24 Nov 11:30|
|Gameweek 14||27 Nov 19:30|
|Gameweek 15||1 Dec 11:30|
|Gameweek 16||8 Dec 11:30|
|Gameweek 17||15 Dec 11:30|
|Gameweek 18||22 Dec 11:30|
|Gameweek 19||26 Dec 11:30|
|Gameweek 20||29 Dec 11:30|
|Gameweek 21||1 Jan 11:30|
|Gameweek 22||12 Jan 11:30|
|Gameweek 23||19 Jan 11:30|
|Gameweek 24||29 Jan 19:30|
|Gameweek 25||2 Feb 11:30|
|Gameweek 26||9 Feb 11:30|
|Gameweek 27||23 Feb 11:30|
|Gameweek 28||2 Mar 11:30|
|Gameweek 29||9 Mar 11:30|
|Gameweek 30||16 Mar 11:30|
|Gameweek 31||30 Mar 11:30|
|Gameweek 32||6 Apr 11:30|
|Gameweek 33||13 Apr 11:30|
|Gameweek 34||20 Apr 11:30|
|Gameweek 35||27 Apr 11:30|
|Gameweek 36||4 May 11:30|
|Gameweek 37||11 May 11:30|
|Gameweek 38||19 May 11:30|
After your initial portfolio has been selected unlimited trades can be made without cost or penalty.
When a Gameweek is in progress a player will be available to trade approximately 1 hour after the finish of the last match on the day of their last match. Consider this shortened example:
|18 Aug 15:00||Arsenal||v||Sunderland|
|18 Aug 15:00||Reading||v||Stoke City|
|18 Aug 17:30||Newcastle||v||Tottenham|
|22 Aug 19:45||Chelsea||v||Reading|
Players will be available to trade at the following times:
|18 Aug 20:30||Arsenal, Newcastle, Stoke City, Sunderland, Tottenham|
|22 Aug 22:45||Chelsea, Reading|
After entering your portfolio, you can join and create leagues to compete with friends and other game players.
Private leagues are the heart and soul of the game, where you compete against your friends. Just create a league and then send out the unique code to allow your friends to join, easy!
You can compete in up to 15 private leagues. There's no limit on the number of managers in a single league.
Need an extra challenge? Then join a public league of 20 randomly assigned managers. You can compete in up to 3 public leagues.
You are automatically entered into the following global leagues:
- The overall league featuring all registered managers
- A league for fellow managers from your country
- A league for supporters of your favourite Barclays Premier League team
- A league for managers starting the same Gameweek as you
All leagues score on either a Classic or Head-to-Head basis.
In a league with Classic scoring, managers are ranked based on their total points in the game. You can join or leave a league with Classic scoring at any point during the season.
Classic scoring leagues are run over a number of phases:
|Phase||First Gameweek||Last Gameweek|
|Overall||Gameweek 1||Gameweek 38|
|August||Gameweek 1||Gameweek 2|
|September||Gameweek 3||Gameweek 6|
|October||Gameweek 7||Gameweek 9|
|November||Gameweek 10||Gameweek 14|
|December||Gameweek 15||Gameweek 20|
|January||Gameweek 21||Gameweek 24|
|February||Gameweek 25||Gameweek 27|
|March||Gameweek 28||Gameweek 31|
|April||Gameweek 32||Gameweek 35|
|May||Gameweek 36||Gameweek 38|
In a league with Head-to-Head each manager plays a match against another manager in the league each Gameweek. The match result is the Gameweek score of each manager.
3 points are awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw, managers are then ranked on points earned in Head-to-Head matches.
Head-to-Head fixtures are generated at the start of the league's first Gameweek. Once these fixtures have been generated the league is locked and managers will not be able to join or leave.
If a Head-to-Head league has an odd number of managers then an average manager will join the league to ensure each manager has a fixture every Gameweek. This manager will always score the Gameweek average.
In the event of a tie between managers, the manager who has most game points will be positioned higher.
Head-to-Head Knock-out stage
Optionally, a Head-to-Head league may end with a knock-out stage over up to 3 Gameweeks with the league winner decided by a match in the final Gameweek. The automatically entered average manager will not enter the knock-out stage, their place being taken by the next placed manager.
How can we help?
Choosing your initial portfolio
Can I have more than one portfolio?
In the interest of fair play each person may only enter one portfolio. You may enter this portfolio in multiple leagues and compete against different groups of friends.
Can I make changes to my portfolio after entering the game?
Yes, unlimited potfolio changes can be made which become active at the next deadline.
Can I have shares in more than 10 players?
Yes, with a maximium of two players from a single team each portfolio contains between 10 and 40 players.
I can't join a friend's private league. What do I need to do?
First of all you must have entered a portfolio in the game. Once you have a portfolio, make sure that you have the correct league code and that you are entering it in the format it is written, for example 12345-6789.
I have been removed from one of my leagues. Why is this?
Either you removed yourself accidentally or you were removed from the league by the league administrator. Try rejoining the league using the league code. If you are unsuccessful, please check with your league administrator.
How can I view other portfolios in my league?
Other portfolios can only be viewed after their first Gameweek has started, to allow managers to keep their tactics secret.
To view a portfolio, simply click on a portfolio name in the league table.
Is there a limit on the number of managers in a private league?
No, the more the merrier. However, only 50 portfolios will be shown at once, so you will have to use the previous/next links to scroll through your league table.
I still haven’t been added to my league.
Your portfolio will be added to the league at the next points update.
I haven't been entered into the supporters league for my favourite club. Why is this?
Please ensure that you have selected your favourite team.
As long as you select the club before your first deadline, you will be automatically entered into the supporters' league for that club.
Why am I not included in my country’s leaderboard?
You are entered into the country league according to your premierleague.com profile.
To update your country use the My Account page on premierleague.com. Your country league won't change after your first deadline even if you update your profile.
Your premierleague.com account
I can't login. What do I need to do?
Please ensure you are using your registered e-mail address and correct password. Note that the password is case sensitive.
If you’ve registered for the first time this season, you will need to activate your account before entering a Fantasy Premier League team. An email will be sent to the email address you’ve registered with and contains a link you’ll need to click in order to activate your account. If you haven’t received an email, please check your spam or junk mail folders.
Try resetting your password. A temporary password will be sent to your mailbox. Please update your password once logged in.
If you do not receive the password reminder, please check your Junk folder in your email inbox and add email@example.com to your address book.
How do I change my profile details such as name and password?
Use the My Account page on premierleague.com.
I've forgotten my password and I'm not receiving the password reset email. What should I do?
Please ensure that you are logging in using the registered email address you used last season. If you cannot remember your password, please reset your password.
If you are not receiving the password reminder, please check your Junk folder in your email inbox and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Mailing List to ensure that the email arrives in your Inbox.
Gameweeks where teams play no fixtures or play more than once
What happens when a team is playing twice in one Gameweek?
Any players you have from the team playing twice will gain value based on their performance in both matches.
What happens if a team does not have a fixture in a Gameweek?
Any players you have from that team will remain at the same value.
Value changes only effect portfolios who have players selected in their team in the Gameweek the fixture is actually played, irrespective of if you had them selected for the original fixture.
When is the game updated?
Player share values and league standings are updated at the end of each day of matches in a Gameweek.
A yellow/red card decision or goalscorer has been changed in an earlier game. Are you going to alter the values?
No. The decision at the end of the day’s games is treated as final.
Barclays Premier League transfers
What happens if a player is transferred to another Barclays Premier League team?
If a player is transferred to another team in the Barclays Premier League, and this transfer takes you over the players per portfolio limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next trades.
When will new players be added?
New players will be added within 7 days of their transfer being completed.
My player has left the Barclays Premier League. What do I do now?
You can leave the player in your squad, where his value will be fixed. To remove him permanently, you must make a trade.
If your question isn't answered above or in the rules then you can contact us using the form below. We aim to reply to all queries within two working days.
If you have an account please login before sending your question. If you are unable to login please provide as many details as possible to help us find your account.
By registering to participate in the Premier League Player Exchange game governed by these terms and conditions and the Game Rules (as defined below) ("the Game") you hereby agree to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Applications and Registration
1. All applications to participate in the Game must be made online on the Premier League website at www.premierleague.com ("the Site") and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a 'Player' in the terms below.
2. Entry into the Game is open to both UK and non-UK residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of The Football Association Premier League Limited ("The Premier League") are ineligible to win any prizes. If such person would otherwise win a prize, it shall be awarded to the next placed Player. Please see terms 30-35 if you are under 18 years of age, as these are extra terms which will apply to you when playing the Game.
3. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game. The sole consideration required from you is that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Game Rules as defined below at clause 9.
4. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by The Premier League for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of The Premier League shall be final).
5. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of The Premier League shall be final).
6. While there is no closing date for entries, The Premier League will publish from time to time deadlines by which you must be registered as Players in order to qualify for points awarded in respect of any round of games in the Barclays Premier League competition. Any such information on how and when to enter for the Game forms part of these terms and conditions.
7. The Premier League reserves the right to suspend and delete portfolios or leagues that contain portfolio names or league names which are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, the user's account may be deleted in its entirety without notice. Any such decision to do so by The Premier League is final.
8. In the event that (other than in the circumstances at term 7 above) portfolio names or league names are deemed unsuitable The Premier League may reject such portfolio names or league names. In this instance, any names so rejected may be changed and notified to The Premier League within 7 seven days. In the event that the alternative name proposed on behalf of any applicant to play the Game in such circumstances is again rejected at The Premier League's discretion the relevant applicant will be treated as being in breach of these terms and conditions.
The Game Rules
10. The Game will be governed by the Game Rules from time to time published on the Site by The Premier League ("Game Rules"). The Premier League reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to The Premier League as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
11. The Premier League will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. The Premier League will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Prizes and Winner's Details
12. The prizes awarded in respect of the Game ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of The Premier League from time to time and The Premier League reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
13. The first Prize ("Winner's Prize") will be awarded to the Player who according to The Premier League's determination is at the top of the leaderboard published by The Premier League at the end of the 2012/2013 season. Proof of age will be required for the Winner's Prize.
14. Subject to any unforeseen changes, the Winner's Prize will be a VIP trip for two to a Barclays Premier League match (the identity of which is determined by The Premier League) featuring a team of the successful player's choice. The Winner's Prize includes travel, two nights' hotel accommodation, two match tickets, pre-match meal and £250 spending money.
15. If more than one player is at the top of the monthly and/or final leaderboard, then the winner will be chosen at random by a computer-generated, independent process. The Premier League's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Monthly Prize will be awarded to the Player who according to the Premier League's determination is at the top of the monthly leaderboard published by the Premier League at the end of each monthly period during the season. The exact timing of this is at the discretion of the Premier League.
17. Subject to any unforeseen changes, the Monthly Prize (one each month during the season) shall each consist of an iPad. The precise specification and nature of this shall be at the discretion of The Premier League.
18. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
19. Winners will be notified of their success by email in respect of the Monthly Prizes by the 28th day of the month following the month in respect of which such Prize is awarded and in respect of the Winner's Prize by Friday 21st June 2013 at which time they must confirm their contact details prior to the Prize in question being delivered.
20. The winners' names will be published on the Site by the 28th day of the month following the month in respect of which the Monthly Prize is awarded in respect of winners of Monthly Prizes and by Friday 21st June 2013 in respect of the winner of the Winner's Prize; or alternatively winner's names can be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to Premier League Player Exchange, The Premier League, 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL.
21. Subject always to terms 30-35 below, Players' names and addresses and the winners' photographic images and their comments relating to any Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of The Premier League in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid.
22. If you are under 18, then the above Prizes information will apply differently to you should you win a Prize. Please see terms 30-35 below.
23. Through the Game, The Premier League is seeking to facilitate a self-moderated discussion group and message board facility for football fans. The Premier League does not pre-screen any content posted or disseminated through the message boards.
24. Because the message boards are self-moderated, you should understand that when using the Game, you might come across some content which you find offensive or objectionable. If you do come across such content then you are free to register a complaint in relation to this. You should note that the views expressed on message boards are the views of the individual concerned, which may be different to those of the Premier League.
25. If you post any message on a message board then you are confirming that:
1. the message includes nothing which would be a breach of these terms;
2. the message is non-confidential and non-proprietary and that the Premier League may make use of that message in any way it sees fit and without acknowledgement; and
3. users of the message board may access the message on terms similar to these.
If you wish to restrict the use of any message, then you are advised not to submit it.
26. You are entirely responsible for any messages which you post. You shall be entirely responsible for any losses that The Premier League, or any other users may suffer as a result of any messages you post, or otherwise as a result of your use of the Game.
27. Generally, you must ensure that you only use the message boards in order to post messages which are (in the reasonable opinion of The Premier League) legal, decent, proper and relevant.
28. By way of example, and without limiting your obligation under term 30, you must ensure that you:
1. comply with any instructions from Premier League Player Exchange;
2. do not defame, threaten, harass, abuse, or otherwise violate the rights of others (whether they are users of Premier League Player Exchange or not);
3. do not post messages which are unlawful, defamatory, obscene, objectionable, or inappropriate;
4. do not bring The Premier League, any member Club of The Premier League, or the game of football into disrepute;
5. do not promote or provide unlawful instructions to others;
6. post any messages which could interfere with the intellectual property rights or confidential information of others;
7. do not post messages containing commercial messages or advertising;
8. do not impersonate anyone else;
9. do not use the message boards to harvest personal information about others;
10. do not contain personal information of others in any messages, unless that use is lawful, or you have their consent; and
11. do not transmit any viruses or other harmful code.
Please note that The Premier League will seek to use these terms to prohibit all such behaviour. However, The Premier League cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to such behaviour. If you should encounter it, please feel free to make a complaint accordingly by emailing email@example.com.
29. The Premier League advises that you exercise caution in revealing any personal information about yourself on any message boards.
30. The Premier League reserves the right at any time and for any reason to:
1. temporarily or permanently suspend your access to the message boards;
2. delete any of your messages;
3. require any of your future messages to be pre-vetted;
4. take any other action against your account as it sees fit.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age
31. If you are under 18 years of age, then you are welcome to enter the Game, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting your application.
32. You will be eligible to win the Monthly Prizes provided:
1. that they do not contain cash, and they will in no circumstances be substituted for cash; and
2. we receive a note of written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that they were happy for you to play the Game and to receive the Prize.
33. You will only be eligible for the Winner's Prize if we receive a note of written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that:
1. they were happy for you to play the Game;
2. that they are happy for you to receive the winner's Prize; and
3. they will accompany you at all times on the trip.
34. If we receive the requisite consent to our reasonable satisfaction all tickets and accommodation will be booked in the name of your parent or guardian accordingly.
35. If you do win a Prize, and if The Premier League wishes to use and comments, details, or photographs of you, then they will always seek the express written consent of your parent or guardian before doing so.
36. If when using the message boards you feel at any time harassed, distressed, or bullied by any of the messages, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org and also inform your parent or guardian.
Responsibility and Remedies
37. The extent of The Premier League's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
1. the Game is provided to you free of charge;
2. message boards are not checked or verified by the Premier League;
3. you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game and the information therein;
4. you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
38. While The Premier League will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, The Premier League will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
39. The Premier League cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Game:
1. loss which was not foreseeable to you and The Premier League when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from The Premier League's failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
2. any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of the Premier League's default);
3. loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
4. any loss which you may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any Prize.
40. Nothing in these terms will limit The Premier League's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
41. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
42. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions The Premier League reserves the right to:
1. take any action described in term 30 above;
2. refuse entry to the Game;
3. disqualify you from the Game;
4. require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name. Any such decision by The Premier League shall be final.
43. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
44. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: The Football Association Premier League Limited, Company Number: 02719699, 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL